Monday, July 20, 2009
Ten Secrets to a Happy Marriage
1. God has you here to serve one another. Love acted out is serving.
2. Women need respect and nurturing. Love your wife so she knows you’d lay your life down for her. Continue to date her and admire her. Share a hobby-find something you can do to have fun together.
3. Laugh often.
4. Be patient. Love crumbles quickly under the weight of unmet expectations.
5. Spend more time trying to fix yourself than your spouse.
6. Keep short accounts. The Bible says, “Do not let the sun go down while you are angry.” Make it a habit to forgive.
7. Determine up front that divorce is not an option.
8. Learn about love languages. Not all people show love or receive it the same way. You want a back rub and your spouse wants a clean kitchen. The love languages are fairly simple: acts of service, quality time, physical touch, gifts, and words of affirmation. Learn them. Love is better received when it’s in the language that person speaks.
9. Words of affirmation are a love language for all men.
10. Men are born to be leaders. He cannot lead unless she gives him the confidence to do so. If you love your husband, build him up. Confident men do not seek love outside the home.
~List written by Karen Kingsbury
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Summertime is also great for all the new movies that come out! My husband and I have not had the privilege of going to the actual theater yet this summer, but we are going to venture to the drive-in theater tonight to see The Proposal and Transformers 2. I'm excited to see both movies and have my first experience at a drive-in theater!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Calvin had the opportunity to try wake surfing with some friends of ours. This sport includes a short surf board and the waves directly behind the boat. Calvin was able to get up a couple times and he said he had a blast. Hopefully, later this Summer, we'll both be able to go out and try wake surfing again.
Calvin and I are both enjoying our jobs and we have settled into a good routine. We both have Thursdays off, so we enjoy spending the day together. This week we hope to go to the Kosciusko County fair!
We miss Alaska very much this time of year, but in this season of our lives, we realize we are exactly where God wants us to be. We both help teach in the junior high youth group at our church on Sunday evenings and we are slowly but surely meeting new married couples to hang out with.
We hope you will enjoy the rest of your summer!