Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th and beyond...

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Calvin and I spent our weekend watching fireworks, spending time with friends, taking pictures around Winona Lake, and watching the Kosciusko County parade (at least what they consider a parade to be ).

Calvin had the opportunity to try wake surfing with some friends of ours. This sport includes a short surf board and the waves directly behind the boat. Calvin was able to get up a couple times and he said he had a blast. Hopefully, later this Summer, we'll both be able to go out and try wake surfing again.


Sunday afternoon Calvin and I took his scooter out for a ride around the lake. I remembered to take my camera with us, so I was able to play around and get some cool pictures! The flowers in Winona are gorgeous this time of year. Sunday's beautiful weather helped me capture the true beauty of God's creation.



Calvin and I are both enjoying our jobs and we have settled into a good routine. We both have Thursdays off, so we enjoy spending the day together. This week we hope to go to the Kosciusko County fair!

We miss Alaska very much this time of year, but in this season of our lives, we realize we are exactly where God wants us to be. We both help teach in the junior high youth group at our church on Sunday evenings and we are slowly but surely meeting new married couples to hang out with.

We hope you will enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment