Sunday, August 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Summer, and Hello to Fall!

Calvin and I spent my last weekend of freedom with my best girlfriend Megan! She drove down from Illinois on Friday night and we spent the weekend watching movies, eating Mexican food, and exploring beautiful Winona Lake.
This week is the beginning of the end of my college career (for now)! On Tuesday I will start my senior year at Grace College. It's incredibly crazy to think that I have come this far in my education.
I will continue to work at Home Helpers as I finish out my education, but my hours will decrease to only 24 per week. Work has gone great this Summer and I am looking forward to what is coming for our company this Fall. Below is a picture of my bosses, Aimee & Bob Hartwiger.Calvin is still enjoying his job at the Pill Box. Tuesday marks his three months on the job and means we will start getting benefits! We'll be shopping around for health insurance during the next couple of weeks.
Other than school starting up, Calvin and I are both joining bible studies. My women's bible study is going through Break Free (a Beth Moore Study) and the husbands of the women in the study are still trying to figure out what they'll be studying. Calvin and I will also be flying to Minneapolis, Minnesota on the 12th for a mini-family reunion with the Sheffrey's. It will be quick but we are very excited for a break.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Victoria! I just discovered you're blogging!! Me too. Been blogging at starsfault.typepad.com - crafts, kitties, horses, home decorating.... I love it, and I am sure you will too!

    Blessings ~ Auntie Eileen

    ReplyDelete